The volunteers of St Marie’s Heritage Group were delighted to welcome over 120 visitors to St Marie’s for our Christmas Carol Concert & Singalong on Tuesday 11th December.
Having first enjoyed free mulled wine, hot drinks and mince pies, attendees enjoyed a wonderful performance from The St Wilfred’s Parish Choir, led by the brilliant Frances Atherton.
The packed to capacity room sounded magnificent and everyone joined in to share the Christmas Spirit. We are incredibly grateful to Frances and her Choir for making the evening such a special event. Huge thanks to everyone who came along and joined in – we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Here’s the feedback we collected on the night.
Was there anything you particularly liked?
– I liked the carols and I felt it should be done more. It was a happy environment.
– Encouragement to sing.
– Fantastic – the spirit of St Marie’s lives on.
– All fabulous as always.
– Really enjoyed. Loved to visit St Marie’s Church where I was brought up.
– All about the venue & the evening event.
– Couldn’t be better.
– Heart-warming & Christmassy. Choir sounded beautiful. Staff all welcoming & friendly.
– Lovely evening. The choir were excellent.
– The Christmas Tree! The Choir. The Carols/Songs.
– Loved everything. Thank you to all concerned.
– Excellent! Everything. Superb atmosphere.
– Very well organised. Choir was fantastic and brought a lot to the evening.
– The enthusiasm and carol service.
– Very well done. It was a very good enjoyable evening.
– Friendship was lovely.
– Really enjoyed it. Lots of memories. Everything.
– Very well done. Thank you so much.
Was there anything you particularly disliked?
– A microphone would be good as difficult to hear when people speaking.
– We will wholeheartedly do anything at St Marie’s.
– More get togethers & sing a longs
– Past history
– My first time here, so unaware of current/past events. I would like more choirs/concerts.
– It was a beautiful evening – thank you. Anything so long as it “keeps going”.
– Anything that makes the community come back together.
– We should have more of these.
– More often.
– More events please.