The St Marie’s Heritage Group were delighted to welcome almost 40 attendees to St Marie’s on Saturday 19th November who got the chance to listen to Mike McNicholas talk on the First World War.
Mike skillfully took attendees on a tour of World War 1 War graves and the battles that led to so much loss of life. Widnes men who dies were remembered.
Here’s the feedback we collected on the day:
Was there anything you particularly liked?
– The personal stories that Mike told were particularly interesting.
– Excellent. Would have him again. Very knowledgeable.
– Excellent and informative.
– Wonderful presentation. Very moving talk from an informed, caring man.
– A really great talk from a knowledgeable individual who made it ‘come alive’!
– Fab venue, fab people, well done.
– Very good – no complaints
– Very knowledgeable & interesting. We should ask him back again!
– Mike really made it interesting with his anecdotes, some serious, some funny. Very interesting subject. Lovely afternoon. Again!
Was there anything you particularly disliked?
– I am a touch deaf. Louder/Mikes could improves.
Any ideas for future Heritage Events at St Marie’s?
– Widnes rugby players and their fates in the two wars.
– Repeat of showing Baptism, Marriage details of St Marie’s.
– Another talk by Mike perhaps? (Just an enquiry – do you have access to a radio microphone – it is a shame to miss anything!)
– Christmas fayres and coral singing. Open Days.
– Anything to do with Widnes RL – player – who might have fought in the war?
– Music Event of Religious Music as we sang here in 1950s
– Sports history, boxing, RL etc ?
– A talk about the building of the Church, particularly the Altar – Beautiful.
– Not at moment.
Places are still available for our next event, a Christmas Concert with The Knights Choir on Wednesday 14th December. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01928) 592 405 to book your free place.