Happy New Year! Apologies – this review is very late. Sorry.
The volunteers of St Marie’s Heritage Group were delighted to welcome over 115
visitors to St Marie’s for our Christmas Carol Concert & Singalong on Monday 16th December.
Guests enjoyed free mulled wine, hot drinks and mince pies before enjoying a wonderful performance from The St Wilfred’s Parish Choir, led by the brilliant Frances Atherton.
The packed to capacity room sounded magnificent and everyone joined in to share the Christmas Spirit. We are incredibly grateful to Frances and her Choir for making the evening such a special event. We’re also very grateful to former Parish Priest, Father Peter Fox who joined us to provide a Christmas blessing.
The St Marie’s Heritage Group did a fabulous job decorating the Altar & tree and even the St Marie’s lights played their part this year, remembering to come back on after “Silent Night”.
Huge thanks to everyone who came along and joined in – we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Here’s the feedback we collected on the night.
Was there anything you particularly liked?
– Great evening, fabulous venue.
– Love the carol singing. Great atmosphere. This was my 1st time here & hopefully I will be here again next year.
– Loved the memories of my childhood singing in Miss Pinnington’s choir and Sunday Mass with the Christmas tree lit.
– I really enjoyed this evening, in particular when the lights were dimmed for “Silent Night”. Really appreciate the Choir’s time & effort.
– Really enjoyable. Nice seeing familiar faces too. Choir very good.
– Really enjoyed tonight in my old Church. Loved it.
– I was brought up in Quinn Street so always enjoy events here. Loved the singing.
– The altar area and Christmas tree were beautifully dressed.
– Beautiful singing in amazing surroundings!
– Excellent night.
– Liked everything. Brilliant night.
– The lights off for Silent Night.
– Very enjoyable. Choir.
– Everything was lovely.
– The whole evening was amazing.
– I like singing along and listening to beautiful voices.
– Loved the atmosphere.
– Lovely Carol Service. Very enjoyable.
– The Singing.
– Always great.
– Liked the whole evening, choir was fantastic.
– Wonderful evening. Thank you.
– An outstanding community evening.
– The Altar.
– Great night.
– Absolutely beautiful. Thank you.
– Really enjoyed the whole evening.
– Good night.
– Loved the choir.
– Loved it.
– Absolutely excellent.
– The atmosphere was full of joy and the real Christmas spirit – thank you!
– It was an excellent evening.
– Warm welcome.
– AB FAB!! Had a wonderful time. Thank you!!
– Absolutely brilliant
– Wonderful evening.
– Refreshments & raffle & the host. Lovely community vibe.
– The welcome. Warm community spirit. Refreshments.
– Everyone was welcoming and the concert was fab and made me feel very festive. Thank you.
Was there anything you particularly disliked?
– Sound system could be improved.
– Would like more of a half time break to allow us to chat with other people.
– Suggestion: Speakers given a microphone as people at the rear unable to hear clearly?
– Sat at the back. Could not hear a lot. Even the raffle Nos.
– Could not hear Roger at the back sorry.
Any ideas for future Heritage Events at St Marie’s?
– Events to bring back memories of St Marie’s School. Also, have you considered sponsorship of, for example, benches, which families could do.
– Surprise me!
– Just keep doing what you’re doing.
– Make Carol Service longer.
– Christmas fayre?
– More singing events.
– Whist Drive.
– Keep it going! (Old teachers etc)
– VE Day Tea Party W/E 9/10 May 2020?
– I will come to anything & everything.
– Shout louder!
– Local history.
– Christmas Eve Carol Concert in afternoon. Musicals night. Christmas meal for the needy. Easter concert.
– Regular sing a long nights. Christmas Day Meal for the needy. Nativity.
– I’m not sure at the moment but will join the facebook page and enjoy forthcoming events.