The volunteers of St Marie’s Heritage Group were delighted to welcome 50 guests into St Marie’s on Saturday afternoon. Everyone present enjoyed a fascinating talk delivered by our favourite local history buff, Bob Roach.
Bob’s talk on “A History of Crossing the River between Runcorn & Widnes” covered a number of different methods of getting from one side to another including ferries, the Transporter Bridge, the Silver Jubilee and the new Mersey Gateway.
As always, Bob delivered his talk with enthusiasm, warmth and whit.
Here’s the feedback we collected on the day:
Was there anything you particularly liked?
– Really enjoyed the talk. It was great. Thank you.
– Great. Thank you.
– All of the presentation was so enlightening and educational. There was so much history of the area, it was great.
– Bob’s easy going approach!
– Thoroughly enjoyed it!
– Lovely re-use of space.
– Fascinating to see the bridges that could have been, especially Menai.
– Very interesting talk.
– Very interesting.
– Very enjoyable and informative. Thanks again. X
– I enjoyed listening about heritage about Widnes area.
– No, very interesting. V good knowledge.
– Very interesting. Learnt things I didn’t know. Enjoyed photographs.
– I liked everything.
– Very interesting
Was there anything you particularly disliked?
– Acoustics not very good but speaker took this into account.
Any ideas for future Heritage Events at St Marie’s?
– Access to B.M.D. registers?
– More of this. Historical approaches to our heritage is so appreciative.
– Something similar. Famous locals?
– More local talks, of course, choirs etc